Host a community fundraiser
Hosting your own community fundraising event or activity is a fun and rewarding way to support the work of the Bionics Institute.
You can raise awareness and generate much needed support for research that will change the lives of many people.
Your fundraising activity can be as simple or elaborate as you like. Some things you could do are:
- Organise a casual dress day (or week) at your office or school
- Run a raffle or chocolate drive
- Book out a local cinema and invite your friends along to see a movie
- Have a “swearing jar” at work
- Encourage your friends to donate goods for a garage sale or stall at a market or fete
- Hold a cake stall at a market or fete or a drinks stall at a local sporting event
- Put on a concert or performance or donate a percentage of the proceeds from a performance you are already involved in
For a fundraising event, you should aim to keep your expenses at or below 30 per cent of your profit. That is for every $1.00 you spend you should raise $3.00. You also need to keep accurate records of the financial details of your event
Your event needs to be approved by the institute. We can provide you with advice and support as well as some simple guidelines.
For more information, contact the Public Relations and Fundraising team