Pre-clinical research services
The Bionics Institute has extensive expertise and experience in a range of pre-clinical models and can provide diverse pre-clinical research services, including:
– Custom electrode development and stimulation strategies for optical and electrical stimulation
– Functional electrophysiology including chronic and acute recordings
– Regenerative therapies
– Pre-clinical models of a range of conditions including inflammatory diseases (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn’s disease), retinal degradation, diabetes, stroke, tinnitus and deafness
– Behavioural task training and neurological assessments
– Inner ear drug delivery techniques
– Pre-clinical cochlear implant models.
The Bionics Institute can provide histology services for research and regulatory purposes, including:
– Tissue processing
– Microtome sectioning and whole mount dissections
– Routine and special staining for light microscopy
– Immunofluorescence staining (IFC)
– Microscopic imaging
– Image analysis.
To enquire about these services, complete this form.
Specialised clinical testing facilities
Our clinical testing facilities include:
– Optical brain monitoring e.g. functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS)
– Sound booths
– Equipment for testing speech understanding
– 64-channel EEG measurement system
– Specialist psychophysics systems for acoustic hearing and cochlear implants.
To enquire about these services, complete the form.